The current edition of this post is found here: http://prez.ly/FPpb
The following education companies are offering free resources to K-12 schools, colleges, and universities. Please note, these are new offerings specifically created to help schools deal with COVID-19
Contact us for sources and statements (email or phone) regarding several angles on COVID-19.
Turnitin continues to operate at full capacity with mandatory work-at-home policy for employees. There is no effect on capacity and in fact, Turnitin is increasing capacity to deal with requests from its customers.
Additional information regarding Gradescope by Turnitin: New and existing users have free access to Gradescope Complete for new courses created through June 30, 2020. Additionally, all existing 2020 courses have been upgraded to Gradescope Complete. (Read the details here.)
Nepris continues to operate at full capacity and has opened up several resources for schools and families.
- Industry Chats are free through April 30 so that any student can explore career opportunities and participate in chats. See the 40 industry chats and read details here.
- Nepris is proactively reaching out to industry partners and its network of thousands of professionals encouraging them to schedule even more industry chats.
inquirED is operating as usual and is offering a webinar on March 25 in conjunction with the NCSS:
- Title: When Covid-19 Closes Your School: Ideas and Suggestions for Social Studies Instruction. A special webinar co-hosted by The National Council for the Social Studies and inquirED.
- Date: Wednesday, March 25th at 4:30 EST
- Dr. Tina Heafner (NCSS President, Professor of Social Studies Education, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte)
- Christina French (Director of Elementary Curriculum & Instruction, Lakota Local School District)
- Elisabeth Ventling Simon (VP of Learning Experience, inquirED)
New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
New Horizons provides corporate training and individual training for IT, leadership, and project management. New Horizons already offers many online via web conferencing but is currently migrating courses and adding new courses to its Online LIVE® platform. New Horizons franchises around the world are also adding capacity in online learning.
CirQlive plugs the interactivity hole between the LMS and web conferencing platforms. It is operating at full capacity and is already prepared to meet the increased demands placed on it by the hundreds of thousands of education users migrating to online learning. CirQlive is giving 90 days of free consulting services for administrators in higher education and K-12 on how to deploy or scale online learning, as well as 90 days of free usage of CirQlive integration tool. Schools need only send how many host licenses they need and CirQlive will set them up.
Modo Campus® is a no-code platform for colleges and universities to build their mobile presence. It is also a critical tool in crisis communication. We have several university contacts available for comments on how mobile is playing into their campus communications. Modo operations are continuing uninterrupted during this time.
Hands-On Labs (Science Interactive)
Hands-On Labs has published a guide specifically for COVID-19 Preparedness including links to COVID-19 primary-source information, applicable webinars, and advice for campuses implementing online learning in the sciences.
Sources (with more coming as we receive approvals from individual educators):
- Chris Caren, CEO of Turnitin
- Val Schreiner, Chief Product Officer of Turnitin
- Sergey Karayev, Head of AI for STEM at Turnitin
- Ryan Seilhammer, Asst. Director of Mobile Strategy & Innovation, University of Central Florida
- Sabari Raja, CEO of Nepris
- Shanti Elangovan, CEO of inquirED
- Stewart Elliott, CEO of Modo
- Dov Friedman, Co-Founder ad VP of Business Development of CirQlive
- Mikell Parsch, CEO of New Horizons Computer Learning Centers
- Tim Loomer, CEO of Science Interactive Group