The Cloud is the Answer in a Pandemic. Or is it?
A frank discussion with educators who rely on the cloud and those who’ve decided not to use it
Date: Wednesday, March 24, 2021, 2:30 – 3:30 p.m. EST
Transcript and video: http://bit.ly/transcript032421
The Cloud feels like an infinite solution to all our problems of limited storage, software support, and curriculum delivery but there are cases where it doesn’t fit in education. Is the Cloud our hope or an overrated solution? In this panel, ask questions of educators with different experiences: a classroom teacher who is using the cloud and a school district network engineer who isn’t, We’re also joined by the 30-year edtech veteran and CEO of NetSupport, who has seen it all and is frequently called to discuss this topic in keynotes around the globe. This is an unscripted Q&A session where the media and freelance writers can ask questions — emailed in advance or during the panel — and our panelists will share what they’ve learned and how they are implementing Cloud-based solutions (or not).
- Erica Smith, 6th grade teacher at Ready Springs School (CA)
- Monte McCubbin, systems engineer for Simi Valley Unified School District (CA)
- Al Kingsley, CEO of NetSupport, UK school leader and co-host of NetSupport Radio
Past Press Panels
Press Panel FAQs
- No scripts and no presentation. Panels are for reporter questions only.
- Reporters submit questions here or during the panel.
- The host will ask one or more panelists to respond to questions.
- The session is recorded and made available upon request.
- PRIVATE questions are held till the end when the audience is dismissed. PRIVATE questions will be asked of individual panelists and their responses will be given ONLY to the reporter who asked the question.
- These are not product panels. Occasional guests from industry may be panelists based on their knowledge of the issues.
- Registration accepted right up to the start of the panel
- Questions or suggested panels? Email email@example.com
- 2-5 minutes per panelist for general information
- 15-30 minutes question period moderated by Host
- 15 minutes of private questions as needed